Seven Secrets for Deepening your Connection
Is your relationship all it’s cracked up to be? If not, Relationship Expert Elisabeth Fayt shares seven secrets to help you get crackin’!
According to Fayt, everything in life happens by choice, including your love life. She explains how you can choose from how people treat you to how much romance you experience. The first step is becoming aware of your thoughts, then consciously choosing thoughts that take you toward a deeper connection with your partner.
In her new book Paving it Forward, Fayt claims: “People spend more time choosing what they are going to wear in the morning than they do choosing how they will connect with people.” She teaches a method of conscious intention she calls Pre-Paving that lays the foundation for a life of love.
The seven secrets:
1. Pre-Pave Your Day. Every thought you think paves your next experience, beginning with your first thought of the day. Start each day by Pre-Paving “I will deeply connect with people today.” Continue consciously paving the day with positive Pre-Paves and watch how your relationship deepens. Pre-Paving Your Day is a method that catapults you from the victim’s chair into the driver’s seat of your life.
2. Expect the best. You can teach people how to treat you by expecting the best. Your expectations become your intentions. When you expect them to be kind, respectful and supportive, that is what you will find. Pre-Pave: “I expect the best. My partner is helpful, loving and kind.” Always speak highly of your partner because what you are saying, you are creating.
3. Whatever you want, give it first. Often when we don’t receive something, out of desperation, we pull back and stop giving it ourselves. Instead, when you want love, give it. When you want communication, communicate! Whatever you want, give it first, and you will find it coming back to you in spades. Make a list of the things you want from your partner, then Pre-Pave: “I focus on giving these the things I want.”
4. Be romantic. Romance is a verb not a noun. It is something you do, not get. Instead of waiting for your partner to be romantic, take the reins and be romantic yourself. The results are immediate! Pre-pave: “My life is full of romance” then get busy providing it!
5. Speak up. Tell your partner how amazing he is. If you don’t write your lines in his mind, he will write them for you. If left to his own devices, chances are his mind will turn to the dark side. We all need encouragement. Reassure him daily of the things you admire about him and add the Pre-Pave: “I am so proud of you.” He will become what you think of him.
6. Make date-night a positive experience. Before going out on a date, Pre-Pave before your date starts how you want to feel and what you want to experience. Example: “We’re going to have a great time tonight.” It will affect the outcome! You will line up the evening for whatever you’ve Pre-Paved.
7. Be more in love every day. Love is a choice. Choose to have your love grow, by Pre-Paving to your partner “I love you more today”. Don’t miss a day. Then look for reasons to love him more. What you look for, you will find, and with this Pre-Pave, your love for him will expand…because you’ve Pre-Paved it.
For more information on Elisabeth Fayt, her programs, seminars and retreats, visit www.pavingitforward.com